Sunday, June 20

Internet, iPhone and other i words ...

I changed ISP Providers and what a hassle that was. I have to wait 3 to 5 days to switch over to another ISP provider which means Internet cafes for me for the next few days. Aaarrgghh it's tough changing providers and my ISP (which has been problematic since March) has made it increasingly difficult for me to stay with them or even say nice things about them. I am hoping that my new ISP provider will provide me with less hassle and better service.


I lost my iPhone yesterday, left it on a shop counter and wham! It disappeared. A moment of opportunity for someone I suppose. Now I am iPhoneless on an iPhone cap and sadly missing all my apps and the phone ... I think I fell in love with it and loved the apps especially the remind me, pedometer, Zen quotes and WiFi access.


So with the two I's missing in my life which I am so dependent on for business; I had to put a positive spin on this. I can get another phone (Yes it will be a chore and yes it will be ludicrously expensive, it will certainly teach me not to leave iPhones on counters). And my Internet is only 3 or 5 days away until I get connection with the new provider. That I have and can become too reliant on technology and I can and will go to Internet cafes and write everything I have to do for a few days.


My business will not fall apart without connection to the Internet, I can market, brain storm, concentrate on making my business better, network, write, come up with plans and make contact in other ways. In fact the past three months have been all about taking my small business to the next level.


Taking a step away from all the I's this weekend has made me think of something very important to do. I brought knitting needles and wool and I will be knitting squares for Wrap With Love Inc This is the first time I have knitted since I was a teen and it is quite relaxing but extremely slow going, I aim over the next few months to knit as many as I can and donate them at a drop off in Alexandria.


All this I stuff has taught me that sure it is cold in Sydney, but I have heaters and blankets. And by choosing to knit, even slowly knitting a few rows whenever I have the chance, has distracted me from all my technology hitches and made me realise that every square makes a blanket and that is one less person dying of cold.


I have been learning lessons since March; about my life, my career, my foot especially my life. 


And each lesson according to Helen Keller is, “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.”  and learning that the only way forward to me is by being positive, learning, accepting with hope, thanks also to Oscar Wilde:


Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment