Friday, November 20

life and the little things ...

1. I was born in South Africa and live in Sydney, Australia. I am incredibly grateful that I was born in South Africa. I love the music, the culture and the children.
2. I made up the name Ebbye Ryan when I decided I'd be an author when I was young.

3. I wanted to be a vet at one stage, then I realised I didn't have such good marks and I'd prefer not to deal with unhappy animals. I have been a vet assistant and loved feeding them and taking dogs for walks.
4. I was a nanny and hated being a substitute mom. I'd prefer to get closer to my own nieces and have my own children some day.
5. I have been a waitress and worked in a warehouse and had many casual positions - all the jobs I've had have given me great learning skills.
6. I started this blog in 2005 and it has helped me with my business. One day I am going to print it all out and wrap it in ribbon. I've developed my writing, communication and business skills through having a blog.
7. I have become a homebody, I love staying home. I read, watch movies, weed my courtyard, love the Internet and Twitter and consider each day a chance to learn something new.
8. I love marketing and networking.
9. I have excellent intentions and care immensely for others, I dislike making plans.
10. I am fascinated by nutrition, healthy eating and luckily have diabetes which has changed my eating and exercising patterns considerably.
11. I am scared of everything. Especially needles and things crawling over me while I sleep.
12. I love reading and will read 5 to 7 books a week. I have become addicted to chick lit and memoirs.
13. I love drama and relationships. I really love the psychology behind it all and I am constantly trying to work people out.
14. I've stopped trying to please people.
15. I love sunshine.
16. I love hearing people's stories.
17. I eat chocolate most of the time.
18. I cry for street children, for starving children and for children with AIDS.
19. But I cry more when an animal dies or gets hurt. I cannot stand animals in pain.
20. I love Cape Town.
21. If I get excited about a subject matter, I can talk non stop. I get excited about really childish things.
22. I want to donate a year of my salary towards an AIDS organisation.
23. I want to be a better friend, sister, person, cook, listener, gardener, blogger and innovator but I can be annoyingly stubborn and lazy.
24. I think having a job defines me. This has become apparent while job hunting but I am really pleased and thrilled that I have grown my own tomatoes and herbs.
25. I want to live my life without regrets and be proud of everything I have done to tell my grand children.
26. Most importantly I love Nelson Mandela. I am in awe of him. I think he is a man of utter conviction. I believe if people learnt to be more like him, if people followed his ways, if they learnt to forgive, then we'd all be better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment