Friday, November 20

life and the little things ...

1. I was born in South Africa and live in Sydney, Australia. I am incredibly grateful that I was born in South Africa. I love the music, the culture and the children.
2. I made up the name Ebbye Ryan when I decided I'd be an author when I was young.

3. I wanted to be a vet at one stage, then I realised I didn't have such good marks and I'd prefer not to deal with unhappy animals. I have been a vet assistant and loved feeding them and taking dogs for walks.
4. I was a nanny and hated being a substitute mom. I'd prefer to get closer to my own nieces and have my own children some day.
5. I have been a waitress and worked in a warehouse and had many casual positions - all the jobs I've had have given me great learning skills.
6. I started this blog in 2005 and it has helped me with my business. One day I am going to print it all out and wrap it in ribbon. I've developed my writing, communication and business skills through having a blog.
7. I have become a homebody, I love staying home. I read, watch movies, weed my courtyard, love the Internet and Twitter and consider each day a chance to learn something new.
8. I love marketing and networking.
9. I have excellent intentions and care immensely for others, I dislike making plans.
10. I am fascinated by nutrition, healthy eating and luckily have diabetes which has changed my eating and exercising patterns considerably.
11. I am scared of everything. Especially needles and things crawling over me while I sleep.
12. I love reading and will read 5 to 7 books a week. I have become addicted to chick lit and memoirs.
13. I love drama and relationships. I really love the psychology behind it all and I am constantly trying to work people out.
14. I've stopped trying to please people.
15. I love sunshine.
16. I love hearing people's stories.
17. I eat chocolate most of the time.
18. I cry for street children, for starving children and for children with AIDS.
19. But I cry more when an animal dies or gets hurt. I cannot stand animals in pain.
20. I love Cape Town.
21. If I get excited about a subject matter, I can talk non stop. I get excited about really childish things.
22. I want to donate a year of my salary towards an AIDS organisation.
23. I want to be a better friend, sister, person, cook, listener, gardener, blogger and innovator but I can be annoyingly stubborn and lazy.
24. I think having a job defines me. This has become apparent while job hunting but I am really pleased and thrilled that I have grown my own tomatoes and herbs.
25. I want to live my life without regrets and be proud of everything I have done to tell my grand children.
26. Most importantly I love Nelson Mandela. I am in awe of him. I think he is a man of utter conviction. I believe if people learnt to be more like him, if people followed his ways, if they learnt to forgive, then we'd all be better people.

2 comments:

  1. Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
    _____________________________

    BSC Dissertation

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

    Dissertation writing services

    ReplyDelete