Saturday, March 14

In a week ...

It's been a week of work. And a week of getting the rest of my life together.

When I lost my job in December and spent the past three months looking for work, I promised myself that I would get out more.


I kept hearing sayings about not observing life from the sidelines but being a part of life and while I do agree, work, obligations and duties do take over. I'd love to meet someone who fully participates in life and then realised I have friends who do. Some are parents, they cook, exercise, meet friends, have interests, have relationships, are single, have careers, don't have careers and know who they are.

I can take the things I like about each friend and incorporate that kind of thinking and attitude into my own life style.


So this week, I went to meet rents for dinner, met a friend for coffee, went to see Slumdog Millionaire, had dinner with friends and helped my sis bath and read to my nieces.

I loved Slumdog Millionaire, it was truly an amazing look at someone's fictional life and for him, realising that even the impossible can be impossible. He only wanted one person and he spent his life looking for her.


At the end of the movie, the lines came up It is Written. Which is Maktub something the Bedouins believe in. That movie made me think about my own life, how lucky I have always been and how sitting at home, not embracing my life in Sydney is not doing me any good.

On the other hand, I have work, pets, family and an incredible need to sleep, watch DVDs and veg at home. I promised myself that I would ensure that I am comfortable with choices and that I stop chastising myself for not being incredibly well rounded and completely in balance.

I'd love to hear from people who honestly feel they have their lives sorted. And I'd love to hear from people who don't.

This week has been about learning for me. I've started a job where I have a lot of learning to do. There is a lot of admin and I am going to need patience. And I am going to need patience with becoming the person who feels like they are participating in life and feeling satisfied with how they live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment