Friday, December 19

Making connections ...

I am doing two important things. I am looking for marketing work and studying marketing for my small business.

Both fill up my day because job hunting and applying demands the time and my business is a great way to find what I am good at. And I spend my time reading up about small business marketing and creating Facebook Groups because I have realised how important connecting is.

I have spent the last two days looking at networking groups and sites in Sydney so in January I am going to attend social events and functions to market the business. It's incredible because even though I am and will be seeking full time work, this business is wonderful.

It has encouraged me to develop my ideas. I have designed business cards, a PowerPoint presentation, a Facebook page and group to increase the following. I have been reading marketing and communications books to increase my insight and knowledge.

It is encouraging me to study more and to see what I am able to do. Which will no doubt assist me with work and with my own attitude. I think i was very unhappy with doing admin all the time, because I love being innovative and pro active.

I cannot wait to see what lies in store for me. In the meantime I have jobs to apply for and marketing books to read. Oh and the best thing about being unemployed and starting this business- I am finding and making connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment