Monday, March 10

cats, bugs, a book on classic music while searching for work...

How do you keep busy when you don't have a job? I think that my life and probably the majority of people around me consists of work. It defines us, centres us, gives us a sense of achievement...it's a 40 hour week thing and that's why I am sure people are determined to do something they love.
So when you or should I say I don't have a job...I need to find a different focus. I watch the news, read papers, go for walks, apply for jobs in different ways, go to interviews, make calls and am placing online ads in the next few days.
I get to spend time in the sun and a lot of time with my cat Hemingway...I'm trying not to spend too much either, I'm, paying bills and trying to just spend money on temping or interviews or job related stuff...it's a full time job!
I watched Border Security and some poor guy who accidentally bought in drugs and I am reading Seb Hunter's Rock Me Amadeus - his true story of discovering and deciphering classical music.
But I'm getting a little tired of this; I want to feel like I have somewhere to go everyday and keep increasing my skills and have money coming in so I can shop, lunch with friends and you know do the whole I have a focus sort of thing. In the mean time though i am thinking of ways to more proactive about not having a job and have started contacting companies I like the sound of...

No comments:

Post a Comment