Thursday, October 5

Phew...



Phew! I have just returned from an all morning shop shopping spree. I visited toy shops to look at toy company labels, I searched for discount stationary and books; wrote names of companies, toys and surprise bags... 5 shops and a two hour walk in the heat later...
The History shelf is now crammed with books and there is stationary on each shelf; I bought more stuff this morning notepads, 2007 diaries, weird diaries with water and glitter moving through a plastic cover and fairy diaries with locks...
Ok it doesn't look so good in this pic; but here's the general idea...

So I just added another shelf of bright goodies and the shop is so bright and funky; it reflects my apartment at home. I read to a gorgeous boy and his brother and when I asked their names he introduced himself as Buzz and hi little brother as Mr Potato Head! I decided to whip out and read a Toy Story book to him and he beamed every time he saw a picture of Buzz! They were so cute!




Do I look tired; I feel exhausted!? I am reading Salem Falls in this pic; I can't put it down! I am nearly finished and it's so ironic because they refer to his rape as a consensual relationship. So how can it be rape?! In fact I find the whole thing a bit odd from the legal point of view because i think that driving someone to Planned Parenthood implies consent (even if it's a little out of context!) And I am wondering how many law causes don't take consent into account - because a relationship with someone who's under the age is very different from rape although the man (or woman) would be charged for it; because the person is still considered a child by the law. And come to think of it; they are charged for rape on the basis that the person is too young to understand that it's wrong and the adult should know better. I wish I could write more on this but it would lead to my hardest topic, which is what is happening to baby girls in South Africa and it kills me to think about it.
So I have had a Gusto coffee in Bondi this mmorning, walked around the Junction and Randwick and Clovelly for two hours this morning, done research on everything I could think of and am now at my desk drinking Coke Zero and my head is spinning with ideas and thoughts. Aaaahh shoplife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment