Thursday, September 14

sunny day...

I have been up since 7 am or so, so the cupboard repairmen could (finally!) take away the broken cupboard. I started cleaning the balcony, washing dishes, folding and shoving things in the cupboards before my cleaner who comes once a fortnight arrived (I hate her having to clean up after Hemmy!) and then I did the best thing, I exercised! I took a 20 min fast walk down to Bondi, had coffee and met up with a girl I know at Gusto, bought an engagement present and walked back up the hill! I feel really good and can't wait til it's summer because I tend to walk more often.
I had a beauty scrub/hair treatment and sat in the sun for a bit, visited my sis and am now in the shop! I have just finished a salad for lunch and am paging through Notebook Magazine where there is a fashion shot of a girl reading against the classics section in my book shop - it looks fantastic!
Pops rearranged some things this morning and the books are all out and have just spent the last 15 minutes tidying a little and making signs! It's all good - this weather tends to have an intoxicating effect on me!
I have contacted the charity about getting and sponsoring gift certificates for poor countries and school childen, they arrange school supplies, schooling for a child for a year and literacy programmes and I think that would be a nice link (or joint venture) for my book shop. He is calling me back later with fundraising ideas etc...
I am going to be spending the rest of the day looking for companies to supply and stock products and read a course book on customer service and put it into practice - I think I need to be less emotional and more servile (is there a word servile?!) in the shop. I went to some friends last night who advised me that I need to step back and not be so emotionally involved and treat each person who comes in like a regular; they all need to get special treatment even if they come across as rude or demand something...
I would hate to lose customers because of something I might be doing but am not entirely aware of and I am sure that if I look back one day; I won't regret the fact that I could have done something better! It's hard work though, it's hard not to take something to heart and be emotionally involved but I agree it is time to step back and go what am I doing that clearly isn't right or the best?!
So here's to better service and more self improvement...

No comments:

Post a Comment