Saturday, September 16

choosing books...


I really enjoy choosing books for people so I am piling up a few in my arms on here!. It's a gorgeous Saturday afternoon and the shop has been full of babies, couples, a couple of backpackers and some girls looking for chick lit and beach reads...
I have spent the morning buying books from customers a whole lot of classics ,Vanity Fair, Anna Karenina, Far From the Maddening Crowd and The Count Of Monte Cristo. Then I bought some chick lit and popped Marian Keyes The Other Side of The Story in the window (it's been sold!). I have a thing for Hemingway and I bought in a copy of Agatha's diary and letters to Hemingway as well as a man travelling like Hemingway did - both of which I really want to read. I also have a copy of Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses...
I have been helping my Israeli friend with his uni assignments; he is actually doing one on my shop and website with very interesting results. Since he started, we are looking at simple changes to the shop and window but the difference is really talking about ideas and putting them into place! There are a lot of things to consider! I think that they are big jobs, lots of lifting and moving and carrying books! I am not too keen on the actual hard work involved!
I have spent the morning choosing crime fiction for a couple, helping a girl choose the best travel guide around Australia and reading a story about a mother bear and a baby bear to a little boy.
I am still reading Catch Me If You Can and have got to the bit where people are questioning whether he is an airline pilot or not - it's written in such a suspenseful way - I'm hooked!
I went to a yummy family dinner last night which was a huge braai/barbie/bbq so had plenty of meat and salad but just seemed to have whet my appetitite - so I have been hungry all day! My friend is going away for a few weeks, so am going to visit her later and I have a full Sunday - I can't wait to be in this sunshine...


No comments:

Post a Comment