Monday, December 21

Reviews, books, customer service and ...

It's been a long and hectic fortnight.

I am a casual assistant in a bookshop outlet, where I have been working 4 days a week.

I lug boxes of books around and spent a great deal of my time rearranging and putting out books.

And in between I am asked to review a book for someone, pick a book, find a book with a blue cover and I get to talk about books for 7 hours long.

I am so glad to be working again. And I still have the time to do my social networking/marketing in between. I seem to have a lot of time in between my shifts to look for full time work and once I get settled into the lugging boxes and helping customers, I better start eating properly, exercising and building up my savings.

It seems that over the 6 months I have been trying to find work I haven't been at my healthiest and best. I have been budgeting and trying not to spend money and searching for work has meant that I haven't really taken time out.

It's the last week of a stressful year and my resolution is to make sure that I stay healthy. I think I got into the habit of searching for work all day long that a lot of important things i should be doing fell short. I want to enjoy walks and go to funky and tiny cafes for coffees. I also want to meet more people and start being more sociable.

I can't wait for my first paycheck, most of it is going towards savings but I am going to set aside some for a once a week venture to a cafe to read newspapers, drink coffee and enjoy my life.

I have access to so much books and information, I am thrilled. having a casual job means I am preparing myself for full time work in what i hope becomes a career.

And for the next 4 or 5 days, I plan to enjoy the last 5 days of the year and be grateful that I got a job ... at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment