Wednesday, February 28

Madonna's Book...

or should I say Madonna's fifth book called Lotsa de Casha...what can I say?
She writes quite innocently and it's a bit predictable.
In this one she uses words of wisdom and it's a bit of a moral tale. I am not sure what age it is geared at because it's a moral grasp of a concept of being extremely rich and lonely and unhappy - the illustrations are incredible. Madonna seems to be leaning towards the Kabbalah in her writing, by teaching lessons and morals with the exquisite illustrations in each and simple tales. I looked at some reviews and they have had huge prints in many languages and been on bestseller lists. My question is are these books selling because they are actually any good? Are they selling and getting so much publicity because Madonna wrote them?
have a look at her books...

2 comments:

  1. I've wondered the same thing and done so without reading them. I am so jealous. I want to illustrate (okay and write) a great book that climbs to #1 on any list beyond my own.

    great post!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually read any of her childrens books yet.
    Stephanie
    www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete