Thursday, November 6

Farewell Michael Crichton

Michael Crichton passed away unexpectedly of cancer yesterday/last night.

I loved his book Jurassic Park, it was actually what made me understand a little bit about genetics. I discovered a keen interest in genetics after reading this because he went into so much detail about The Genome Project. In fact I thought the book was so brilliant that I refused to see the movie.

Thank you Michael Crichton for giving me a bit of knowledge about and a love for science and genetics.

In 2002 a new species of dinosaur was named in his honour by Scientists at the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The new ankylosaurus species of dinosaur was given the nameCrichtonsaurus bohlini in honor of Mr. Crichton and Birger Bohlin, a Swedish paleontologist. The three-yard-long fossil of an armor-plated vegetarian, discovered in northeast Liaoning Province, is estimated to date from 90 million to 100 million years ago.

Here's a beautifully written eulogy.

Here's a link to Wassup, Peoples

Farewell Michael Crichton.

No comments:

Post a Comment